Coaching and Foon Foon Foon


When you arrive in a country and you don't speak the language, you start discovering a few things about yourself and your own practice. I entered a career crisis...

Because of this crisis, two things happened:
1 - I got panic. So I went for just anything I could. I know now that a better use of my time would have been to have intensive language lessons when I arrived, almost instead of looking for a job...
2 - I asked for help. I asked around for contacts of a coach who could help me pull myself back together.

Yesterday and today I was working as a cleaner. I was told I didn't need to speak English so I took it. A bit of a tough job. I might write more about it later, but today I want to share an advice I received: "here in Holland, when you work in places like this, look around and do what the others do - if they are slow, be slow; if the are running around like Foon Foon Foon, do it also". I had already been told to slow down and take it easy a couple of times yesterday...

Tomorrow I have a meeting with a coach. Some people say that brains with ADHD need a specific coaching approach. This might be just an invention, but I perfectly see how my brain can boycott any efforts beautifully planned during a great coaching session. Let's see...

I could definitely do with a bit more or Foon Foon Foon adjustment in my work life, but I know that I have much more to give and that, right now, I need help to get there.

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

Pain Disability Index

Career crisis

School Notebook